How should I eat to get six-pack abs?”
To answer this one, you first have to know if six-pack abs are really what you want. (And if you are prepared to do what it takes.)
Getting ripped abs is a much bigger undertaking than most people realize. There are definite benefits to getting that lean (<10% for most men, and <20% for most women), but there are real trade-offs too.
Alcohol, processed foods, and desserts all need to be severely limited if you’re trying to lose fat and show off a washboard stomach. Social situations often become difficult. Other interests and hobbies may need to decrease.
However, if you really want to get a six-pack in the healthiest possible way, you need to follow these principles 90-95% of the time:
- Eat protein and vegetables at every meal.
- Include healthy fats at most meals.
- Eat a small amount of carbs post-workout only.
- Limit carbs at all other meals.
- Exercise intensely 4-5 times per week.
- Get at least 8 hours of sleep each night.
reference: Precision Nutrition